It's the middle of June. On any given day, it's pretty amazing outside. I can't help but want to be out and about as much as possible. The sun is shining. The weather is sweet. Just makes you want to hustle your feet. A day off or a day by yourself is a precious commodity these days. Why not make the best of it? Utilize your day. Whether you only have a few hours or all day, you should follow these five ideas for a fulfilling day off.
Okay, so you're off. You woke up, ate a little breakfast, took a shower, now what?
1. Read outside - Get out of the house as soon as you can. Find a park or a coffee shop with outdoor seating. Bring along a magazine or a book you've been meaning to read. Spend as much (or as little) time as you want there.
|2. Go thrifting - You got thrifted!|
2. Go thrifting - Head to a flea market or thrift store. You'll be amazed at how far $10 or even $20 will get you. I went with a friend a few days ago and got a glass cup, a vintage Guess shirt and a floral sweater for under $10 ($7.40 to be exact).
3. Buy a plant - Head to Home Depot or somewhere that sells plants, flowers or succulents. Spend a few bucks on a potted plant. Pick a lowkey succulent or a vibrant flower. Your choice. Plus, plants create oxygen. If anything, you're helping yourself breathe better, right?! A living plant can brighten a dull room.
4. Get creative - Since you're already out, cruise on over to Michael's or your local craft store. Or you can finish up something you've been meaning to do at home. Get inspired to do a project. Draw. Paint. Scrapbook. Take photos. Do whatever it takes to get those creative juices flowing.
5. Get frozen yogurt - Hey, it's basically summer. It's getting hotter. You've been out all day. You read. You deserve a break. Now it a nice time to relax with some froyo. Try a new flavor this time. Don't forget your favorite toppings.