Mean Girls was released 12 years ago. That's April 30, 2004, people! That seems...impossible. How did 11 years go by so quickly? This film really resonated with me because it's an experience most high schoolers go through. It's one of those classics from my youth. It was relevant, cheeky, & entertaining. And it still is!
We can all relate to those snooty girls (or boys) who told us we weren't cool or pretty or awesome enough to hang out with them. Ten years later, your high school status has nothing to do with how well you do in university or if you flourish at your career. But 10 years later, the quotes are still uttered daily. Check out the 10 best Mean Girls quotes! Enjoy & reminisce. :]
1. "On Wednesday's we wear pink." Hmm...10 year anniversary. It's Wednesday. I didn't wear pink. Uh oh!
2. "She doesn't even go here!" All she wanted was to bake a cake made out of rainbows & smiles. Is that so bad?
3. "So fetch!" Admit it. We all attempted to use Gretchen's catchphrase. Didn't work out so well. Never caught on. Now I know how she feels.
4. "Don't have sex. You will get pregnant & die." It's funny because there's one person in your lifetime who tells you something like this as a child, & it scares you for too many years.
5. "Boo you whore." Man, Regina is totally brutal. She says it so easily as if she's saying "I like carbs."
6. "You can't sit with us." This time it's Gretchen's turn to be harsh. I bet she felt a rush of power for finally giving Regina a taste of her own medicine.
7. "Grool." She meant to say cool but she started to say great. I LOVE this quote. I like to say it sometimes; I think people think I'm saying 'gruel' though.
8. "I'm not a regular mom, I'm a cool mom." Said every mom ever when meeting their kid's friends for the first time.
9. "And none for Gretchen Wieners." Burn. Burn. Burned again.
10. You go Glenn Coco. Need I say more?
All .gifs were found via Tumblr. Well, here's hoping you enjoyed this trip down memory lane. The 10 year anniversary of Mean Girls makes me want to watch it ASAP. Have a grool day! :]
P.S. You can watch Mean Girls on Netflix!!
Follow me for more fashion & style from the Californian perspective: